Mission-driven organizations, nonprofits, start-ups and entrepreneurs need seed funding to build infrastructure and get their projects off the ground, yet they face intense competition to attract funds, and most grant making bodies have a long list of requirements before they sign off on a grant, such as evidence of impact, low overhead percentages, and measurements of scalability.
The US Global Development Lab at USAID has several potential funding opportunities that are designed for innovative mission-driving organizations, including:
- Development Innovation Ventures – seed funding for transformative ideas
- Grand Challenges for Development – contests for groundbreaking solutions
- Global Development Alliances – public-private partnerships for development
- Echoing Green – comprehensive support for emerging social entrepreneurs
Please RSVP now to join the next Technology Salon Accra and dive deeply into how local nonprofits, start-ups, and entrepreneurs can access these and other USAID funding opportunities with these key thought leaders:
- Daisy Chang – Science, Technology, Innovation, and Partnerships Advisor at USAID
- Erica Daniels – Program and Project Development Advisor at USAID
The organizers will have hot coffee and catered breakfast treats for a morning rush, but seating is limited. Please RSVP now as once they reach their 35-person capacity there will be a waiting list!
Date: Tuesday, January 12th, 2016
Time: 8:30am – 10:30 a.m.
Venue: New Media Hub at Penplusbytes, No.1 Ostwe Close, Ako Adjei, Osu, Accra, Ghana
RSVP is required for attendance