Gifty Naana Afia Dansoa Anti describes herself as;
1. Journalist by Profession,
2. Women’s Rights Advocate and Activist by Passion
3. Chief Executive Officer of GDA Concepts Ltd, (producers of The Standpoint TV programme) by Default
4. Host of her own show, The Standpoint TV programme by Choice and
5. President and Founder of the Girl in Need Foundation (GiNF) by Calling.
The GiNF (Ghc1 for 1 Ghanaian Girl), is a charitable organization which aims at raising funds to help girls, 18 years and below who find themselves in abusive environments as they strive to raise funds to pay their school fees or to learn a trade or skill.
(So far the Foundation is taking care of about 30 girls who have had to go through harrowing experiences all because they want to go to school and need someone to pay their school fees.
These girls come from various religious, ethnic and social backgrounds.
Four of them have completed Senior High School and one of them has gained admission to the University of Ghana and another to the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital Nursing School.)
Ms. Anti is also an ambassador for the campaign against Newborn deaths. She is on the Board of the Ghana Federation of the Disabled.
Ms. Gifty Anti comes from Asempanyin in the Central Region. She is the last of eight children of the late Mr. Samuel Christian Kofi Kyei Anti, a Gold Coast trained Police Officer and the late Madam Stella Aba Suma Idun who was a dealer in second hand clothing at Mankessim.
She holds a Master’s Degree in International Journalism from City University, London. She also holds a Diploma in Journalism from the Ghana Institute of Journalism. Although
she initially wanted to do Public Relations, she got stuck to Journalism.
Ms. Anti, went to Mfantsiman Girls Secondary School at Saltpond where she successfully completed her sixth form education. She had her early education at Tema community 8 “Number 1” Basic School where she sat for her Common Entrance Examination in Form Two instead of Form Four.
Gifty Anti currently holds an Honorary Doctor of Letters Degree, a Master’s degree in International Journalism from City University, London, and has also attended a number of training courses at the United Nations, the Commonwealth Broadcasting Association
and had an internship at SABC-Africa in South Africa.
Her first broadcast experience was at Joy FM where she was a regular
panelist on the “Young Generation” and “Every Woman” programmes.
Ms. Anti, worked with the Ghana Broadcasting Corporation, TV division (GTV News) for 17years (including a one year National Service).
She started at GTV not as a presenter but as a reporter in the TV newsroom and a Floor Manager on the Breakfast Show (the first morning show on TV in Ghana). By dint of hard work she became a presenter on The Breakfast Show on the first day the programme started, 13th February 1997. She resigned from GBC in December 2013.
She is currently one of Ghana’s leading and celebrated broadcasters and a role model to many people, both young and old.
Dr. Gifty Anti has hosted her own show, known as The Standpoint, since 2008.
The Standpoint is a private production by GDA Concepts Ltd. It is aired on GTV on Fridays at 8:15pm and also streamed at www.thestandpoint.com.gh.
The Standpoint is also aired on ABN TV in UK, and across Western Europe and North Africa on Sky channel 235.
The programme discusses issues affecting mainly women and young people; Issues hitherto referred to as “taboo topics”. These range from women’s health, abuse in all its forms, relationships, including marriage, politics, finances, parenting etc.
Issues concerning the vulnerable and disadvantaged in society are also often discussed.
The Standpoint was first aired on 11th July 2008 and has featured many of the prominent and ordinary Ghanaian and non-Ghanaian women and men. The show features women and men from different religious, ethnic, political and social backgrounds. It is an Issue based programme.
Ms. Gifty Anti has won many awards for her advocacy and activism work over the years with the recent ones being:
- Voice For The Women’s Award 2015 By Alter Of Faith Women Ministry International
- 2015 Super Woman Award Recipient By Jandel
- Chavva (Life Giver) Award 2015
- 2014 Ghana’s 100 Most Influential Personality -22nd
- Rtp Female Tv Presenter Of The Year 2014
- Intergrity International Leadership Award 2014
- Foundation For Women And Children Affairs Leadership Award 2014
- Radio And Tv Personality. Rtp Awards As ‘Tv Presenter On Developmental Issues, 2013
- Nobles International Leadership Award 2013, By The West Africa Nobles Forum
- Overall Female Young Professional Role Model Of The Year, 2013
- The African Women In Leadership Organisation’s, Awlo, Excellence Award For “Giving Women A Platform And A Voice” 2013
The Rest Include:
- Honorary Doctor Of Letters Award By The Global Center For Transformational Leadership In 2012.
- Tema Excellence Award – 2012
- Un Mdgs 4 & 5 Ambassador Award 2012
- Friendship Foundation International Leadership Award 2012
- Global Women Innovators And Inventors Award 2012
- African Women Of Worth And Queen’s Magazine ‘Inspirational Woman Of The Year” Award – 2012
- Radio And Tv Personality‘S Female Presenter Of The Year Award – 2012
- Radio And Tv Personality’s Morning Show Host Of The Year Award – 2012
- Rtp Female Newscaster Of The Year 2011
- Musiga – One Of The Prominent Women In The Creative Industry, 2009
- Ghana Women Entrepreneurs, Gawe, Young Promising Personality, 2006
- Rtv Awards, Best Tv Personality, 2002
- Rtv Awards, Tv Personality Of The Year Female, 2002
- Rtv Awards, Tv Personality Of The Year, 2001
Dr. Gifty Anti has also been honoured with citations by many institutions.
She is also a motivational and Conference speaker and has spoken on many platforms and schools. These include:
- Women in Mining Conference – 2015
- Ghana Women in Business Conference, 2015
- Spring Board Road show 2014 –Wa, Upper West Region, Ghana
- Camfed Ghana girls induction programme, 2014
- Action Aid Ghana Girls Camp, 2014
- Roverman Report Seminar (Maiden Edition), 2013 – Accra
- Spring Board Road show 2013 – Takoradi, Western Region, Ghana
- Spring Board Road Show 2012 –Tamale, Northern Region, Ghana
- 2013 Teenpreneuraship Camp by Legacy and Legacy – Accra
- 2013 Compassion International Students Camp – Accra
- 2013 CHRAJ Human Rights camp for students – Accra, Ghana
- 2013 Camfed Students Camp – Tema, Ghana among others
- Ghana Union of Polytechnic Students, GNUPS, Women Commissioners Conference, 2015.
- Coventry University’s post graduate Global Media class, Coventry, UK
- University of Ghana, Legon, Accra
- University of Development Studies, UDS
- University of Cape Coast, Central Region, Ghana
- University of Professional Studies, Accra, Ghana
- Methodist University, Accra, Ghana
- African University College of Communication, Accra, Ghana
- Accra Polytechnic
- Ho Polytechnic
- EP University College
- Okuapeman Senior High School, Akropong, Eastern Region, Ghana
- Presbyterian Senior High School, Legon, Ghana, among others.
In April this year, Ms. Anti with the help of the anti-human trafficking unit of the Ghana police service helped save 5 girls who were about to be taken to Saudi Arabia and Kuwait to be sold into slavery.
Saving Ghanaian Girls from going to the Arabic countries to work as slaves is a one of the projects she is currently working one.
She is a well-known philanthropist who often to the Village of Hope Orphanage and also takes care of and supports other children and families outside the Girl in Need Foundation.
Article Source: The StandPoint
Image Source: Google