Deadline for applications: 16th April 2017
The United Network of Young Peacebuilders (UNOY Peacebuilders) is currently seeking a trainer for the Online Training of Localisers
|Project Coordinator||United Network of Young Peacebuilders (UNOY)|
|Purpose||Develop and implement online training course on localising the youth, peace and security agenda.|
|Duration||15 June 2017 to 15 August 2017|
On 9 December 2015 the UN Security Council adopted the resolution 2250 on Youth, Peace and Security. This is great news for young peacebuilders around the world, but a UN Security Council Resolution is not in itself a solution for the exclusion and underrepresentation of young people in peace processes. The calls made in the resolution have to be translated into reality, through institutional actors, but also through capacity development of young activists. Localisation of the youth peacebuilding agenda is key to ensure a good implementation of the resolution.
The aim of this Online Training for Localisation is to empower young people to act as “mobilisers” of Resolution 2250 in their local communities, nationally and internationally. The training will in part be based on the guide “Translating Youth, Peace & Security Policy into Practice”. The training will help young people develop their active role in peace and security issues as well as their competences for translating the Youth, Peace and Security Policy into practice.
The Online Training for Localisation will be run by three trainers who will be jointly responsible for developing and leading an online training taking place over two months from 15 June to 15 August 2017. The development of the training course curriculum will be done in close collaboration with the UNOY Peacebuilders International Secretariat team.
Specifically, the trainers will:
- Develop a curriculum aimed at sharpening participants’ understanding of the political environment and power relations around youth participation in peacebuilding in their own context, deepening their knowledge of UNSCR 2250 and the role it can play. Expected working days per trainer: 3.
- Design and implement an Online Training Course based on the curriculum developed. The course is expected to include a series of eight online sessions as well as assignments between online sessions, though the precise approach is open to further design by the trainers. Expected working days per trainer: 10.
Provide guidance and support to participants in translating international policy into local reality in a youth-led way, by supporting participants design and implement local and/or national follow-up activities. These follow-up activities will make use of participants’ learning in the training course and be aimed at setting up local and/or national coalitions for youth, peace and security in participants own local and/or national contexts. Expected working days per trainer: 5.
UNOY Peacebuilders is responsible for the following:
- Calling for and selecting participants, in consultation with the trainers.
- Providing guidance and input on both curriculum development and training course design.
- Setting up and providing access to an online training platform and other IT systems as necessary.
- General project management.
- Fee: €2,160 for 18 days of work.
Profile of Trainers
In order to be considered for this position, trainers are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Knowledge in peacebuilding concepts and approaches
- Knowledge and experience in linking international and regional levels and engaging with policy makers (preferable)
- Experience of developing and delivering trainings based on the methodology of non-formal learning
- Proficiency in English
The following are also considered beneficial:
- Experience of developing and delivering online trainings
- Proficiency in other languages, particularly Spanish, French and Arabic
How to apply?
To apply for the trainer positions, please submit by email to Marie (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following documents and information:
- A cover letter detailing your experience with designing and implementing trainings, youth and peacebuilding, and advocacy
- Your CV
The deadline for submitting your application and required documents is Sunday 16th April 2017 at 23:59 CET.