Across Africa, McKinsey is playing an active role in the continent’s economic rebirth, making a difference to both individual clients and entire countries. Our consultants represent over 39 nationalities and speak over 45 languages. From our offices in Johannesburg, Lagos, Luanda, Casablanca and East Africa, we have completed over 1,000 engagements over the past decade – in more than 30 countries, including: South Africa, Nigeria, Angola, Tanzania, Kenya, Zambia, Namibia, Ethiopia, Ghana and Senegal.
Our work ranges from defining growth strategies for entire countries and key sectors such as oil and gas, financial services, and transport; to helping achieve step-change improvements in education and health; to designing a $500 million fund to channel finance to African farmers; to supporting major companies’ expansion into new markets. We serve many leading African players across sectors including energy and materials, financial services, consumer goods and retail, telecommunications.
How to apply
Please click here to apply. Application deadline is March 6, 2017.
We invite applications from talented women who are
- Current students working towards a Bachelors, Masters, MBA, or PhD, from any degree, discipline or background
- Experienced professionals with any background and with up to 6 years of work experience
How to apply
When you apply, you will be able to list up to 4 office/practice location choices within one application. Please note that we will not be able to accept multiple applications with different office choices submitted by one person, so please make sure you submit only one application. Various McKinsey offices/practices choose the Award winners and your office/practice location choices determine by which you will be considered. Therefore, make sure you choose a location to which you have strong ties to and whose local language you are fluent in. If you choose a practice, make sure you have relevant experience. This does not limit you to any particular office/practice should you consider pursuing a career with McKinsey in the future.
To apply please submit in English:
- Your CV including details of your education (including grades), any work experience as well as any extracurricular activities and achievements
- A cover letter (1 page max) including what you would do with the money if you were selected as an award winner, and a short description of a challenging situation where you had to demonstrate your leadership skills
- Academic transcripts depending on your office preferences (please see details below)
Application deadline: March 6, 2017