JOB TITLE: International Sales Officer
REPORTS TO: Director – Commercial
FUNCTION: Sales and Marketing
LOCATION: Dansoman- Accra
DATE: September 2017
A Ghanaian firm whose practice in Ghana has set the bar for professional IT services in the marketplace, be it software development or big data management, seeks to employ the services of a highly qualified International Sales Officer.
The Company has well-established roots in information technology, digital addressing, content aggregation, finance advisory, agribusiness and real estate in Africa.
The jobholder is responsible for representing the company in different countries, he/she is to develop relationships with potential customers and sell products and services to clients worldwide.
NB: This role will involve selling our product to the governments of different countries, so need someone who is professional, resourceful, and charismatic and is good at networking.
- Develop business plan and strategy for multiple product line markets that ensures attainment of company international sales goals and profitability.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate international markets.
- Provide timely feedback to senior management regarding international sales performance.
- Serving as a translator between Senior Management and foreign international Clients
- Provides timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margins.
- Maintains accurate records of all international pricings, sales and activity reports.
- Creating and conducting proposal presentations to dealers, customers, and internal staff.
- Controlling expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Maintains contact with all customers in the international market area to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Designs and recommends international sales and marketing programs.
- Sets short- and long-term international sales strategies.
- Sells products to potential clients
KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATION:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or any related majors preferred.
- Must be aware of international variances in cultural and legal issues pertaining to sales.
- Must be technology inclined.
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience in selling software or products of similar form.
- Must speak French and Portuguese.
- Any other foreign language is a plus.
NECESSARY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good foreign language skills
- Possess good judgment abilities
- Ability to build rapport with clients and other salespersons
- Must be able to handle stress
- Flexible enough to travel to different countries
- Technologically advanced and oriented
- Demonstrate administrative, organizational and management skills.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- $5,000 to $6000 a month.
- 1% to 2% on net revenue of sales of our IT product (the company is currently looking to sell our product at a minimum of $2 million per country)
- The company will bear all costs in relation to travel and accommodation (whilst on official duty only) as well as costs of getting a work permit.
The jobholder will be required to work 40 hours per week as per Ghana law.
The job description is subject to revision in accordance with the dynamics.
SHORTLISTING/MODE OF APPLICATION:
E-mail CV and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line ‘International Sales Officer’.