LABELING MACHINE SPECIALIST POSITION
JOB TITLE: Labeling Machine Specialist
REPORTS TO: Packaging Engineer
FUNCTION: Manufacturing and Packaging
LOCATION: Medie – Accra
DATE: July 2017
A world-class Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) company focused on leading the market through constant reinvestment, innovative manufacturing and consumer-oriented marketing strategies is seeking to employ the services of a qualified Labeling Machine Specialist to maintain a safe and optimized machine and associated devices to ensure machine availability and product quality at a minimum cost whilst maintaining standards.
HIERARCHY OF COMMAND
The Packaging Engineer is on top, followed by the Electrical Specialist and the Labeling Machine Specialist.
Team Leader, Packaging Engineer, Process Artisan (Electrical/Mechanical Technician) and Maintenance Planner.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Key Results Areas and Outcomes):
- Maintain safe, healthy and risk free working environment: comply with safety, health and environmental procedures and legislation, maintain safety and housekeeping standards.
- Maintain, repair and optimize plant and associated devices: Locate machine equipment, spares and relevant documentation/systems, plan and prepare the job, carry out repairs/maintenance, continuously improve (optimize) machine, process equipment and system and operate machine and process equipment.
- Provide specialist technical support and enhance machines, system and process capabilities: Monitor performance, trend machine performance, optimize usage or resources and resolve and eliminate problems.
- Manage human Resources: develop employees, coach Process Artisans, apprentices, process operators and Assess Operators.
- Facilitate problem solving: Identify problems or potential problems and facilitate problem solving.
- Work in Teams: Communicate effectively in the workplace and contribute to self and team development
- Optimize process performance: Conduct engineering administration and support continues improvement.
- Facilitate problem solving: Identify problems or potential problems and contribute to problem solving.
- Optimize team processes: Facilitate effective team dynamics, implement performance management and communicate effective in the workplace.
- Manufacturing Way: Be fully conversant with the manufacturing way.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS AND MEASURES:
|KEY PERFORMANCE AREA||MEASURE|
|Plant Reliability||· Packaging machine efficiency
· Asset management indicators
|Problem solving||· Completed FFA’s
· Quality of 5-ways completion
|Change and control||· Change control processes entrenched|
Health, Safety and Environment
|· General workshop housekeeping
· Identification of unsafe practices
· Safety inspections conducted
· Safe maintenance practices audited
|· 1-on-1’s completed
· Team communication
DECISION MAKING POWERS AND AUTHORITY:
This person is authorized to:
- Ensure good maintenance practices are applied during maintenance days.
- Reject poor completed maintenance tasks
- Assess proper functioning of equipment and request for repair or replacement in case of need
- Assess nature of repair on equipment depending on nature of defect as quick fix, replacement or major overhaul.
- Stop any machine if it appears to endanger safety of any person. If the stoppage is longer than 60 minutes, the Machine Specialist must inform the packaging engineer of the problem.
- Coach artisans, apprentices and line team members in good maintenance practice.
IDEAL PROFILE AND CONDITIONS:
- HND Engineering – Mechanical or Electrical
- Good leadership potential
- Knowledge of packaging production processes and technologies
- Good knowledge of packaging production processes and technologies
- Familiarity with maintenance systems e.g. COSWIN
- Analytical problem solver
- Influencing ability with regards to sound maintenance practices
- Maintain, repair and optimize machine and associated devices.
- Ensure machine availability and product quality at minimum cost whilst maintaining standards.
- Provide specialist technical supports and enhance machines, systems and process capabilities.
- Optimize team processes
- Manage and develop direct reports.
- Be conversant with the manufacturing way
- Maintain a safe and healthy working environment.
COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATION:
The ideal candidate must have an HND in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a minimum of Tech II (Elect or Mech) with three to four years’ relevant experience as a Technician on high speed packing lines, Maintenance Artisan or Process Artisan. The candidate should also have undergone 3 to 9 months on the job training.
The role requires the candidate to work according to a 4 rotational shifts schedule (5 days in a week).
Job description is subject to revision in accordance with the dynamics.
SHORT LISTING/MODE OF APPLICATION:
E-mail CV and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line ‘Labeling Machine Specialist Position’