Part-time and full-time positions for persons to teach creative drama to kindergarten, primary-aged students through to youth theatre and adult age groups, in areas across Greater Accra. Outgoing personality essential, as are energy and enthusiasm! All curriculum and lesson plans provided. Some training given. Own car beneficial. Your interest in, and enthusiasm for drama is far more important than formal drama training.
The Helen O’Grady Drama Academy offers a self-development programme for children designed to build children’s confidence and self-esteem through a carefully constructed drama programme.
A great amount of time has been spent developing an exciting curriculum encompassing an extensive range of drama activities, designed to capture the imagination of children of all ages and to develop confident, articulate children, who desire to make a positive contribution to the community. Classes cover speech, movement, creative drama, language development and studio productions. They are great fun!
- To teach creative speech & drama lessons as per lesson plans according to scheduled timings
- To ensure that the general attendance rolls are completed as children and young people enter the various venues
- To exercise firm control and effective discipline at all times using the Helen O’Grady Drama method
- To ensure that children and young people interact positively with each other promoting an ethos of mutual respect and understanding by clearly communicating our values and inspire action.
- Ensure that the Student Safety Policy (Health and Safety Policy) and Child Protection Policies of the various venues are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure the highest quality in teaching deliverables and customer service
- Plan, host and execute end-of-term teacher-parent presentations/learning events
- Participate in programme previews/demos & parent sessions
- Attend all staff meetings (1 per term) and any other training as required
- To have sole responsibility for the teaching of the Helen O’Grady Drama Curriculum to children and young people
You will have the opportunity to:
- Receive training in teaching our unique curriculum
- Teach children, teenagers and adults of all ages at our studio and in schools
- Facilitate props and costume – making activities for performances and direct our parent day shows and performances
- Direct our parent day shows and year-end performances
If you feel that some, or all of the above apply to you, we would love to hear from you.
Positions to commence immediately after successful training. We are recruiting all year around.
Telephone Helen O’Grady Drama Academy, Accra, on 0542602368 or email us at email@example.com