FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The threesixtyGh Writers Club and The Writers Project of Ghana Present the 2nd Edition of the #360WritersChallenge
Themed “Lead the Way”
‘Africa will write its own history and in both north and south it will be a history of glory and dignity. Do not weep for me. I know that my tormented country will be able to defend its freedom and its independence.’ – Patrice Lumumba
On Wednesday, 1st June 2016 join threesixtyGh for an evening of celebration at Alliance Française in Accra from 6:30pm- 8:30pm. The event will serve as the:
- 2nd year anniversary celebration of the storytelling platform
- Official launch of the 2nd annual #360WritersChallenge
- Unveiling an updated website that is sure to make browsing easier
Come and celebrate innovation, meet our team, network with change agents and other organizations in Ghana, or just come for the refreshment and entertainment. Please Note the dress code is professional or semi-formal.
Click HERE to register.
At 11:59pm on 1st June 2016, students enrolled in tertiary institutions in Ghana will have the opportunity to enter the 2nd annual #360WritersChallenge and win some great prizes. The #360WritersChallenge is an initiative to encourage the youth to tell their own stories while acknowledging the talents of the students who are passionate about writing and creating meaningful content. The 2016 writers challenge is in partnership with the Writers Project of Ghana and sponsored by Citi FM, Alliance Française, iSpace, and more.
The first, second, and third place winners will be selected based on their literary talent. The winners will be announced on 30th June 2016. Their content will be featured on www.threesixtyGh.com. Winners will receive in-kind and cash prizes, and the needed assistance to build on their literary talent. Participants must adhere to the below rules and guidelines.
Challenge Time Frame
Submission Opens: 1st June 2016 (Announcement of Sponsors, Judges, and Prizes)
Submission Closes: 15th June 2016- 11:59pm (GMT
Readers and Judges Deliberate: 16th June 2016 – 29th June 2016
Winners Announced: 30th June 2016
- Tertiary Institutions ONLY (Must show proof of current enrollment at a tertiary learning institution)
- Word count of not more than 2000 words
- Content MUST be original
- Choose one of the following themes:
- Stories that capture the governance system in Ghana
- Untold stories about leadership
- E-mail content in Word format to info@threesixtyGh.com with #360WritersChallenge in the subject area
- MUST be submitted by 11:59pm (GMT) on 15th June 2016
Click HERE to make a donation toward the prizes for the 2016 #360WritersChallenge.
Highlights from the #360WritersChallenge