US-Africa Synergy Inc.
“African Women’s Program for Leadership 2015”
(AWLEAD Program 2015)
In support of initiatives aimed to empower African women, U.S. President Barack Obama stated on June 30, 2013 while in South Africa: “No country can reach its full potential unless it draws on the power of its sisters, daughters, wives, and mothers.”
The AWLEAD Program, formerly the US Africa Ambassadorship program, is a 12-week rigorous training, which helps young women of African Descent aged between 19 and 25 to gain access to Life and professional skills, Career Guidance, Knowledge, and Networks to meet their personal goals and aspirations while effectively contributing to Africa’s Development.
For the past two years, the AWLEAD Program has transformed the lives of more than 40 young African women representing over 23 African countries; through professional trainings delivered by United States renown Academic Institutions; Workshops and presentations led by International Development and Civil Society Experts; Field trips to International institutions and Unique Internship and Volunteering opportunities with prestigious institutions.
- Must be between 19-25 years of age and enrolled in college at the time of the application submission.
- Be a Citizen of an African country and reside in Africa or in New York City, USA.
- Speak and write proficiently in English.
- Have a proven record of leadership and accomplishment in public service, entrepreneurship, or civic engagement.
- Demonstrate commitment to public or community service, volunteerism or mentorship.
- Be willing and committed to participate in the Development process of Africa.
APPLICATION PROCESS TIMELINE
October 7, 2014 | Application opens
December 7, 2014 | Application deadline
January 2015 | Selected candidates interviewed by US-Africa Synergy Board of Directors
February 2015 | Applicants are notified of their status
Mid – March | Program starts in the United States
For more information on the AWLEAD program requirements, guidelines, and application process please visit http://www.usafricasynergy.org/lead.html and e-mail info@KUSIconsulting.com for an application packet.